Friday, April 01, 2011

I'm Me!

I'm me people. Just if there's confusion.
This week has actually been pretty crazy for me. I had my identity stolen and have been dealing w/ all the fallout that follows that all week. Well, I guess it's not really stealing if you give it away right? Long story short, I was duped by a pretty elaborate virus on my computer. I feel like a total idiot in hindsight, but this thing perfectly mimicked my banks website and asked me to confirm sensitive info AFTER I had (supposedly) logged in. Anywho, I had cancel all of my accounts and open new ones, cancel my debit card and get a new one, changed all UN's/PW's, spend shit-tons of time at the bank, monitor my credit (to make sure lines of credit aren't being open/used under my name) and take my computer to the repair place.
As of now no financial damage has been done; just hassle. I'll keep my eyes opened for a few weeks to make sure nothing funny is going on, but it seems to me an ID thief would work really fast to get your money/credit before you realize it. Luckily I had my account access shut off w/in minutes of realizing I'd been had.
To top off all that good stuff the weather has basically been shit this week. Which means my training has followed suit. It's been cold, grey and has even snowed some. I've tried to salvage something of a training week, and I've put in a few miles, but as for a purposeful week, it's basically been a throwaway.
I did get a new component set for my MTB. I got my old road group sold (finally) and had the money to update my MTB.

I have been running a ghetto set up 2x9 set up for years and decided to go ahead and get a legit 2x10 system now that they're refined and readily available in configurations under $2,000. I don't have it fully set up yet because in true Sram fashion it was missing parts that have to be sent to me separately, but I expect to really like it once I get it going.
As I flipped my calendar over to April I see MTb racing, more road racing and even TT racing. I don't feel behind on fitness in any regard, but I haven't ridden my MTB since probably August of last year and I have only been on my TT bike a couple of times. Good news is I have felt good on the TT bike. I'm excited to race it. I'd like to get out on the MTB soon to 1) give it a good shakedown and 2) give myself a good shakedown on it. I gotta put that up on my to do list for real.
I'm going to go race road this weekend in OH. I'll hit up a report when I get back.

No comments: