Thursday, July 07, 2011

Off my game

I'm off my blogging game...sorry. I'm on my riding game though. And as such I've been totally tuckered out.
Last weekend was 4th of July weekend which is always one of my favorite MTB race weekends of the season; the DINO races at Muscatatuck Park in North Vernon, IN. However I was not there this year. I haven't missed this race in 7+ years, but Lindsay was out of town and had the car, so I was left stranded. Oh well, not a huge thing. Though in true half-assed amateur bike racer fashion I should probably say "I totally would have done awesome if I had been there."
Anywho, Sunday the 3rd I did a nice mid distance ride w/ a buddy who just moved down here. This is such a great place to be a cyclist and he is learning the routes/roads and i thought I'd take him out to show him a route or two.
Monday the 4th was a different story. I met up w/ some local fast guys and hammered out 2.5hrs w/ them. As much as I want to make a killer "4th of July fireworks were being blown" joke, I'll pass on that one . Suffice it to say it was a hard ride. But one of the aforementioned fast men was throwing a small get-together when we got back in, so it was nice to throw down some "cookout food" as soon as we finished.
In other news I guess I've decided I am going as fast as my legs will push me on my TT bike so I have to see how many MPH's my wallet can provide.

Though not full on legit disc, I bought a cover for my rear TT race wheel. It was $100 compared to ~$1,000(++) for a good disc, so it will hopefully return some cheap speed. We shall see. The State TT champs are 1 week away and I have generally been working hard for several weeks now; I'm in need of rest. I'm going to take it easier next week in hopes of hitting the State TT full-on. Then after that I plan to take a legit rest week.
Swimming has been going, well, swimmingly (lame joke, whatevs). I've been going at least 2x per week and I feel really good in the water. I still have general body pains and aches, but I do still believe this a big step in the right direction to alleviate hip/neck/back pain(s).
I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading!

No comments: