Monday, August 01, 2011

August Already?

I haven't blogged for a bit, but not a boat-load of blog worthy goings on over here. I raced MTB two weeks ago and sucked. Sucked bad. I stunk up the place. I'm not sure what happened or why it happened, but I had no power. The race was on the final day of my week off the bike and it was mid 90's heat. So not only had I not ridden for 6 days, but I hadn't ridden in serious heat for over a week. I think these factors just led to a power melt down. I wasn't hurting per se; I couldn't ride hard enough to hurt. It was slow and finishing felt like an accomplishment. Whatever, I'm trying to forget about it.
In the week that followed, which was last week, I got back to riding, but not proper training; just turning pedals and putting in some miles. I put in a good week and even hit the gravel roads a couple times on the CX bike.
You all know what that means, right? Probably not. Well I'll tell you: it means CX season is approaching.
With that it's back to structured training this week. Start slow and build.
There are still a couple of MTB races on the calendar, but other than that it's ~6weeks to CX. And it's a long season at that.
I'm trying t get a trip to Chicago worked out to visit my brother while the weather is still good, but I have to find a free weekend. His daughter (my niece) turns 1 in a couple of weeks and I have a killer gift to take up. Just got to make the time.
That's about all I have to say right now. I know there was a lot serious blog worthy news laid out above for you all (all 3 of you) to digest, so I'll leave you now with these parting words: good bye.

No comments: