Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not as planned

Well this weekend did not go as planned at all. Rather than readying myself for the first cyclocross race of the year, I spent Friday night on the bathroom floor throwing up and Saturday in bed w/ a terrible headache, hot/cold spells and feeling very weak.
I had no appetite all day but I really wanted to take some ibuprofen for my head, but didn't want to take it on an empty stomach. Around 4pm I ate a banana and took some meds and started feeling better. Lindsay made me some green tea and some great completely homemade chicken/rice soup. I was able to eat some of that around 7pm or so. I gt feeling much better, but still somewhat light-headed and weak so in the interest of not ending up setting myself back further made the call to not try to race on Sunday. It's a tough call to not race when you train, train, train (not to mention when you preregistered), but this first race is a non-series race, so I'd rather miss it and make sure I'm healthy for the series opener next weekend than do it and end up realizing it was the wrong choice. Ugg. I hate it, but sometimes things just don't go according to plan.
(my bikes, which were loaded in the car and RTR Friday night, were removed and sitting in the garage race day. Bone deal.)
I'm feeling better today (Sunday) and though I skipped the race, I did get out for about 1.5hr of easy riding. I felt fine and will be back at it next week.



A "podium" picture from the State Time Trial surfaced today too, so I thought I'd throw that up for you viewing pleasure. That was July 17. Seems like forever ago.

No comments: