Sunday, January 08, 2012

One more week

1 more week until 2011 races season is over for me.

Sorry, but I don't have any cool, epic or even lame pictures this week.

This week was about getting in some final good training days leading into Worlds. The week started out with pretty cold temps in the mornings so I was inside Monday and Tuesday. I got a good trainer workout in Tuesday. For me a good trainer workout is about putting out some decent numbers while keeping it "busy" enough to not want to kill yourself. If I can accomplish these things and be turning over the pedals for 1.25-1.5hrs, then it was a good session.
Other than those two days the weather has been off-the-chain-good. I got out every other day and got some quality riding done. Wednesday I spent some solid time on the CX bike and Thursday I busted out one of my favorite workouts: Vo2 intervals at the Monroe causeway.
Today (Sunday) I had a bunch of time consuming things I wanted to do. I wanted to watch the Belgian National CX Championships race at 9am, then I wanted to watch the American Nationals which between both men's and women's races took up from 1pm to 4:15pm. So I needed to ride after 10, but be back by 1 to accommodate my sports watching schedule. So by the time I got ready, ate, etc I got out at about 11 and put in a solid 2hrs and watched all of the crap I wanted to catch. Wheew. Tough day.
So all that's on the racing horizon now is Worlds. We're going down Wed for number pick-up and pre-ride. I'm taking my B-bike for pre-ride because 1) my A-bike is totally clean and I don't want to get it all dirty and mess w/ all that and B) I borrowed my friend Will's wheels with Challenge Limus tires on them so I can mud tires on both bikes. But I have never ridden this tire and would like to have some idea of how it rides prior to the race. Of course hopefully I don't have to pit in the first place and can just stay on my A-bike, but if I can be prepared, I might-as-well. One of my favorite quotes is "success occurs at the intersection of preparation, execution and luck." I feel like I've prepared well, I feel as ready as ever to execute and for luck...well, that's out of my control so wish me that.
After this week's racing I'm going to take a little time off the bike to recover physically and mentally. I've been hitting it hard for many many months now and to have a good spring/summer/next fall I need to take a break. Plus that will give me time to start thinking about 2012 bike racing. I haven't really though about it much yet. Plus my poor TT bike has been hanging from a hook for 5 months or so. I need to dust that thing off as well; I love TTing.
Well, talk to you all after my first World Championships!



No comments: