Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long Weekend

With a two day weekend I barely know what to do with myself.



I decided to just layout and enjoy the weather...not really. (FYI, I didn't take this pic, I found it via a google image search for "fat guy at lake") 
I really got a little more riding in than normal and a little more sitting around (relaxing) than normal. Other than it being the hottest weekend of the year so far, and our AC crapping out Saturday afternoon, it was a pretty good weekend. Lindsay's parents were in town for the weekend so we hung out w/ them some and went out to eat a few times, which pretty much satisfies our going out to eat quota for the year.
I took an ez week last week so I rode less, with less intensity and took a couple extra days off. I've been at it for a while now and I was feeling fatigue. I think/hope that a week "off" will do me some good.
I'm going to start MTB racing this coming weekend at the BCSP (Brown County State Park) DINO race. The weather is supposed to cool down quite a bit so that will be better for an MTB race where your speeds aren't all that high and there's no wind to cool you down. 
My friend Jake rode his bike from Eastern TN to Indianapolis where he picked up his brother Josh. They are both riding back to TN together. The first leg of their trip back was from Indy to my house!   
They left B-town Tuesday morning (after staying the night at Josh's petite amie's house) and I rode w/ them out of town. I wanted to get a few intervals in, so once we got out on the roads, I did the work I needed to do them looped back around to pick them back up. I rode out for ~1hr w/ them, then I turned around to get back in to go to work (and did my last interval on the way back in).  It was nice to see Jake because I usually only see him once or twice per year when I go to TN in the spring to ride on his terrain or at the occasional bike race. It was cool to ride w/ him for a bit on my terrain.
This turned out to be my "birthday ride" too because as of Tuesday May, 29 I am 34.No reflection, no hoopla. Just 34 f*****g years later.
L-R Josh Jake














                           

No comments: