Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Better late than never

I'm getting this post up late. Whatever, I do what I want. Actually, nothing too special went down last week. I had a very solid training week; got in some good hours and some good workouts. I spent a couple hours on the MTB to cap it off. Lindsay was attending a clinic thing at Brown County Park, so I decided to go and ride while she was doing her thing. I didn't ride particularly hard and as such felt great. I really just wanted to ride a good solid steady tempo and focus on maneuvering the bike. I was able to do that for the most part. There were about a million people out there, and my rule (for myself) is yield to everyone. So I stop and let other people go when we meet head to head. So I had to do a good amount of pulling over. But all in all it was good ride and good day.
Lindsay and I went and ate in Nashville afterwards. There was a dude playing (mostly) shitty cover songs (he played a few gems though) at the restaurant (Big Woods Brewery) while we there, so it was a nice afternoon. After getting home I cleaned my bike and washed the car. Then Lindsay and I went and got ice cream at Brusters (our fav). Pretty solid day.
This week has started out good as well. I got in a good session Tuesday in prep for the weekend: the DINO MTB race at French Lick resort. Thus far it's looking like it may be dry this year (last year it stormed hard all day). In the two years they've had this race it's never been dry, so I'm ready for anything. Today (Wed) I went out and rode a little loop I've never done before. I've ridden all the roads, just not as part of one loop (they're always parts of bigger rides). It was nice loop that was actually somewhat challenging, but it turned out to be only 1hour from door to door. I was thinking it would be about 1hr 15min, maybe 1.5hrs, but whatever.   
After Saturday's race I'm heading to Chicago Sunday to go to a festival thing and see The Hold Steady play. Plus visit w/ my brother's family. My niece Daphne is 4months old now and I've only met her once...and she slept the whole time we were there! Should be fun. And while I don't ~need~ days off the bike, I'm going to get a couple anyway while up there.Oh well, a day or two off is probably not bad for me anywho.          

No comments: