Monday, September 03, 2012

Blame it on the Rain

I can't resist a good Milli Vanilli post tile. I may have even used that one before...and I may well again. Just too good. And I don't really have anything to "blame on the rain," but it did rain like a bastard yesterday (Sunday).    
We had planned to go out to Karst Farm Park and work on the BloomingX cyclocross course, but w/ all day rain that plan was a bust. I wanted to get a couple-to a few hours of riding in though. The hourly forecast and radar basically were a wash, so after waiting around for couple of hours for a respite in the rain, I decided to just leave in the rain. Cyclists know riding in the rain pretty much sucks. But there's a big difference between getting caught in the rain and leaving in the rain. My ride buddy Erik was all-game to ride in the rain, so we set out. I wanted to get in 2.5-3hrs, but when we got to the point where we would have had to turn off to get more miles, I decided to head straight back into town. Ended up with about 2:15, but it poured rain on us the entire time. As Murphy's law would dictate however, within 5minutes of getting home it stopped raining for the rest of the day. Marvelous. Oh well, getting out in the rain every now and then is good for your mental game, right? I hope so, 'cause it's not particularly good for you bike.      

Anywho, since it was Labor day and we weren't working we got out to Karst Monday. We spent a few hours and have the course 98% set. We marked most of it and are going to start riding it. I'm pretty stoked on it; I think it's going to be a great course.
The combination of of a rainy Sunday and Labor Day Monday allowed me time to get a lot of house cleaning done too. The stuff like mopping the wood floors, etc that I don't do regularly but should do more often.  
Otherwise the week was mostly uneventful. Training is keeping on keeping on. Racing is, well, starting to happen. First CX races are this coming weekend. There is a Saturday race on the far side of Cinci-nasty that I'm not going to go to. But Sunday is the series opener for the Indiana Cross Series. I won't be able to do many of the ICX  races as most are on Saturdays, but this is the Muncie race (Yorktown actually) so I can't miss my "hometown" race!
Hard to believe CX season is here already. Let's get it!  
  

No comments: