Thursday, January 03, 2013

Goodbye holiday season 2012!

Another holiday season has come then gone like they all do. The holidays and weeks surrounding them were relatively uneventful, and that's a good thing. Once Lindsay got back from OK we went up to my parent's house for a day to have a "Christmas" thing w/ them, my brother/sister-in-law and their kids. It was nice to hang w/ everyone and see the kids.


We took about 4 shots here and this was the best
We also went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. We haven't been out for NYE for a long time. Neither of us really drinks or "parties" as it were so we just haven't been out for years. It was a fun time with several people we knew and many we didn't. Plus the host had a selection of bourbons and among them was one that has been on my "want to try" list (Evan Williams). It was a little stronger than in usually my preference, so I'm glad I got to try it in this setting, rather than buying whole bottle and not being able to ever finish it.



Photo: Balls deep. Like, ball bearings I mean.


I got out for a ride NY day (pic above), as I'm getting myself back into a loose, but regular routine of working out. Nothing too structured yet, but hitting the weights  2-3 times a week and being on the bike 3-4 days a week. 
This winter has been legit so far. I hasn't been for the past several years, so I am having to find my indoor riding mojo again. It's there, I just have to get it fired up. I'm in no real hurry to be putting in big hours/week yet anyway. I just want to stay active and fit and work on my strength some to hopefully have a good injury free 2013. I got through this CX season with no real set backs injury wise, just normal "wear and tear" issues. I'd like to put myself in an even better position for 2013. And that really starts now with really trying to strengthen my core in order to correct imbalances.
So nothing else too exciting going on. Supercross starts this weekend and CX Worlds is coming up quickly too. I love supercross (SX) and having CX Worlds a short drive away is going to be awesome. The SX season is looking great with all the stars healthy and hungry for wins. This is going to be the greatest winter for sports for me ever!   

No comments: