Monday, May 27, 2013

It may be May, but it may still be Winter

This week was crazy. Some days with highs in the 80's and some nights w/ lows in the (low) 40's. A couple of the morning rides were down-right cold. 


I did, however, wake up with my thermo reading this one morning. 

I didn't feel like $1,000,000 training last week. But these things happen. Eb/flow. Tuesday's intervals were a real struggle. But I got them done.   



I'm clearly more excited about this pic than the girls are

This past weekend was the Indy 500 and my brother and his family were at his in laws, which isn't too far from me. So I went up there and spent the day with my parents and my nieces while the rest if them were at the race.  

Daphne being a little cheese-ball




Ramona and I gathered rocks to throw in the lake

They live on a lake that has an 8-9mile road that goes around it. I took my bike up with me and busted a few laps around the lake while the girls napped.  
Once everyone got back from the race we ate hella pizza. It was a nice day spent with family and getting a ride in was nice too. 

This coming weekend is the second race of the DINO MTB series, but the first for me. I skipped the first one because it's pretty far away in northern IN. This one is at BCSP in Nashville, IN. I always like this race. The course has been changed and the "big" climb on the lap has been removed, which is a bummer for me, but it'll still be good I'm sure. I have been training well and the TT races I've done have gone well. So I'm excited to get racing "bar-to-bar."    

No comments: