Monday, June 10, 2013

Fat, skinny, aero: you name it I rode it

I rode several bikes this week.  Typical road bike training, mixed in some MTBing and I decided kind of last minute to do the local 10mile TT this past Tuesday. I historically have done pretty much every one of these, but this year I hadn't done a single one. These TT's are just for local glory, but I have never won one outright. But I took the glory this week!
So I'm 3/3 on TT's this year (I didn't win overall on the other 2, but I won Cat 3).   




I have been trying to get out on the MTB once a week in anticipation of actually racing it one day. Hopefully we're done with cancelled races for the year. I got out Wednesday for a bit on it and I'm feeling pretty god on it. I need to a little work to it before this weekend, but overall I think things are going well.
I was invited to go up to some friend's Indy for a group ride and pool party. I was kind of on the fence about going because I knew the ride wasn't going to be "hard," and driving up to the north side of Indy kind of sucks in general, but I decided it would be fun to do something different. So I went. It was a super nice day to be out riding and we had a pretty decent sized group. the pace was "conversational," but I rarely do these types of rides. So it was a nice change to be out for a couple hours and not either doing intervals or otherwise smashing pedals.    




When we got back we changed from cycling clothes to swim suits and carted the grill over to the pool. We had some burgers/hotdogs and various other cookout foods and hung out in the pool. It was a pretty good day.
After I left this shi-dig I headed south to a very good friends house that I haven't seen for a few months. We keep in regular contact, but hadn't actually seen each other for while. We sat and talked/hung out for a bit. It was nice. Very good friend.

So as mentioned above there is another MTB race scheduled this coming weekend. I have done this race in horrible stormy, rainy conditions before, so hopefully they hold it. RTR!!!       


No comments: