Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Is it breaking???

The weather, that is. It is finally out of the teens or single digits in the am! Honestly though, this has been a great winter, as winter goes. I have ridden outside more this winter than any other. If the few week cold snap is all we get, I’ll be happy w/ the winter. We got our big storm, which was an moderate ice storm and about 4" of snow. W/ the rising temps (pattern change?) and some rain, will make for flooding in a few days.
I have ridden trainer more and more since I posted last, but I rode my CX bike on the road this past Sunday (2/18). You couldn’t really have ridden a road bike, too much snow/ice. But the cross bike was perfect. I only rode about an hour, but it was 20* or so, so I’ll take that. I‘d rather ride outside for 1 hour than trainer for 2. I can hammer on hills and keep steady between for an hour or so and get a better workout. I am going to ride trainer today, despite the mid 40 temps @ 8:20am, because I want to take this week easy. My butt muscle(s) are bugging me more the past few days and I have been training really consistent, so I want an easy week, but not off. I start road racing in, like, 3 weeks. Then in about 4 weeks it’s off to the Great Smokey Mountains for training camp.
I am getting a new MTB frame sent to me form Giant to replace my cracked one. Actually, they’re sending me a new front triangle and I am reusing my rear triangle (swing arm). I hope to have this all ready later this week or next, although MTB riding will be off the horizon for a solid month or so (wet season).
Welp, gotta get my butt on the trainer while Saved By The Bell is still on.

3 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Yo Adam,
Glad to hear that the training is going good. Everything is going fine with Soren and at his month check up he was 13 lbs, 6oz. This winter here is terrrible and we had two huge snow storms where we were blessed with like over 21" of terrible white stuff.
I got into Grandma's Marathon. It runs on the north shore of Lake Superior and the date is June 16th. I'm starting to put in some miles so biking is like once a week and only an afterthought.
Anyway, Say hello to Linds and I hope all is going well for the two of you.

Jumpy

Gina said...

I remember Matt Ingels loved Saved by the Bell too and he wasn't ashamed of it either!

Gina said...

Hello? You still ridin' along?