Monday, October 04, 2010

OVCX #2 Tour de Louisville

This weekend was stop #2 in the Ohio Valley CX series, the Tour de Louisville. My week leading up to this past weekend was slightly different than normal because I had a friend/coworker moving from town and we got together after work Wednesday and ate/drank some beers when I would normally be at our local CX practice session on Wed eve. I went out to the practice course and did a workout on Wed morning instead, so I had a fairly normal week training, just in a little different order.
The temps have dropped here and it was a cold morning in Louisville. Luckily, unless it's sunny and 80+ I pretty much pack everything I own, so I had clothing down (I did have to change a couple times to get it right, but but that's better than overheating or freezing [overheating in this case]).
I got a front row start and got a good start once we got going. The course was super hard though and I don't want to say I struggled, but I I had a rough go at it. I didn't really come unglued, but I never really got focused and rallied. I'm three races in and still trying to hit my stride.
I ended up 15 and in the money. Okay place, though I didn't feel like I had a good race; I thought I did worse.
I have this weird aversion to eating on race days. I somehow convince myself I don't need real food. But the fact is I would eat considerably more if I were doing nothing all day. I need to start forcing myself to eat more before hand and to take real food with me and eat it while waiting around. I have been getting by on some cereal really early (~8hr before race), a banana later and a Cliff bar during the day. But on a normal work day I eat way more than that. It's totally stupid and I need to work on this because the last three races I've done have been over 1,000 cal/hour efforts. that's working very hard.
Anywho, this weekend is stops #3,4,5 of the OVCX and I'll miss all three. It's the big Cinci-nasty UCI 3 day weekend, but it's also Hilly 100 weekend here and I can't not work Hilly 100. So while I'm kind of bummed to miss the Cinci-nasty weekend, Hilly's always fun and lucrative.
So that's that until next time.
(I'll post some pics form the weekend of I can find some)

No comments: