Saturday, March 06, 2010

Come-up'ens.

Today I received my come-up'ens (or whatever that phrase is). The plan was to ride over to Brown County State Park, bust a lap on the BCSP road race course, then ride back. Easy enough, ~70-75miles, sure it would include the biggest, scariest hill in the are at the midway point, but I just came off a rest week and was feeling pretty good.
This ride was going to be ~3hr30min. I rode strong and contributed tons...until 2hr50min. Than I imploded. These things happen, and I understand that; no huge thing. Looking at my caloric expenditure from the ride, I burned ~2,800calories during this ride and I took in ~500. And I ate just a waffle prior: mathematically speaking, I had no chance. Oh well, it was a good ride, we got to freshen up on the BCSP RR course and I feel much fresher after a few days off this week (yes, despite my showing today).

I read that this sign was posted on a bar in New Orleans. They won't allow Ed Hardy shirts and other "Jersey" style. That rules. Bloomington should follow suit.


I'm not sure why, as I never was a huge fan, but I love that Cipollini has his own branded bikes now. I think it's just funny more than anything. Do yourself a favor if your a cycling fan, spend 7minutes watching this clip of the Italian Punk'd. I can't understand a word of it, but there's what I gather: Cipo's out training when his caravan gets a call one of his world champ bikes has been stolen. The alleged thieves then drive by Cipo on his route and harass he and his training buddy. When He sees the stolen bike on the back of the camper he chases them down and corners them in a barn. He eventually gets in and starts kicking ass until the Italian Ashten Kutcher comes and tell him he's being Punk'd. Like I said, I can't understand the words, but I was laughing out loud none-the-less.

My TN training camp plans have screeched to a halt. My travel companion (read: my ride) can't go due to vocational obligations. I have plans 'C'-'F' ('B' is already exhausted) in the wings, so I still will likely stack a few big days in there, but it may not be in TN (or it may be, per plan 'D').
Other than that, I have people leaving my work, which means we have to find new people, which means (we) have to train them, which means pain in the ass. It's somewhat routine w/ the turn-over there, but still, everyone learns things in different ways and at different speeds and having trained a lot of people I have madd respect for the people who's only job is to train new people. But then again if that's all you had to do it probably wouldn't be so bad. The way we do it is we have to train a person in addition to our 9,000,000,000,000 (I'm not sure how many 0's are in a bajillion) other tasks/headaches. Of course we could just let the owner train people, but he tends to confuse people more than help.
Oh well, we'll get it done. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

But if they ban Ed Hardy in B-town bars, MTV probably won't want to film Jersey Shore: The College Years here.