Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In the books

Another TN training camp in the books. The brief recap is like this: day 1) ~2hrs, mostly flat, a little rolling, totally in the rain. Day 2) 4hrs in the mountains, 3 passes, 1hr32min of climbing. Totally in the rain. Day 3) 3 (hard)hrs in the mountains, no rain, but super cloudy blocking all the good views. 2 passes, but 7 actual climbs, 48min of climbing.
Day 4) ~2hrs rolling (no mountains) and it cleared up enough to enjoy the good views (see above pic). The one common among all the days is it never got out of the 40's. So it was a little on the chilly side, but great riding. Huge thanks to Jake for hosting; it was a good time.
We rode ~11hrs over the period. I expected to set some power records on the steep climbs, but thanks to G. Parry's Monroe County Hill Climb Championship, I didn't set any (all of my shorter records were set at the MCHCC). Still though, it was good long hard riding.
I also used about half a bottle of chain lube because it rained so much. And I consumed around 1million calories (but burned ~1,000,000,001).
Going in I was a little worried about where the line between being ready for this weekend and being blown for this weekend would fall. I rode 1hr EZ today and I think I'm ready. It'll be nice to get some racing in the legs this weekend.

Of note, since we bought the netbook, traveling with you own computer is the way to go. The more gadgets you have to download all of your ride data, the nicer it is. Plus having your own "favorites" and stuff is nice too.
Also, I noticed a cut in the front passenger side tire before I left TN. It was to the cords, but I thought I'd chance it and make the drive home rather than get it fixed there. The car has a bent tie-rod from a bad stretch of Michigan road last year, and apparently it wasn't getting and less bent by driving on it. So because summer is driving season for me, I'm getting all that stuff fixed today. $$$. Our Focus has been a great car, so I don't fret much when I have to spend a few dollarz on it.
It was nice to get out of town, spend some time w/ a friend and kick it, but it's back to the grind now!!! (though the weather here is AWESOME right now, which helps all things)

No comments: