Saturday, July 24, 2010

another week

Is it just me, or does this dude look like a totally trashed-out version of local fast man Erik Hamilton?
(pic taken from hotchickswithdouchebags.com)

I like to update this thing (at least) weekly, but not much happened this week really. I know you'd all probably assume as the Cat 3 State TT champ I'd have all kinds of press and gala's to attend, but my phone wasn't ringing. I better have the line checked.
Basically just a solid training week. Actually it was mostly easy, but w/ some hard intervals involved and a good solid 3hr group ride today. These crazy high temps seem to be dropping, but the wind was all over us today; it was a tough ride. But a good one w/ a good strong group of guys (oh, and SS is the fastest chick around).
(back story)--A bakery/coffee shop opened down the street form our house last week. Needless to say this pumped us up. Lindsay and I went on the opening day and the line was waaaaay long. We waited ~15min in a line that was not moving at all and decided to come back another day. So we strolled over on a Monday (I think) after I got off work (which is at 6, but I get home more like 6:30). We ordered a couple things and were told "we're getting ready to close." Fair enough, working in retail it sucks having people come in when you're closing. But a neighborhood coffee shop closing at 7pm? Who are they targeting? There are no businesses in the area, so they will have to survive an the people who live around here, who I imagine strolling over for an after dinner snack. I guess we better start eating dinner earlier.
Anywho, FF to today, all I can think about while riding is cruising down to the sweet new coffee shop after I get home, grabbing a coffee and a cookie or something and chilling out. I cruised down to find that it's closed on Sundays! WTF? I think this place maybe wants to fail. The items I've had have been good, but very expensive. And I think the hours were set by a retarded monkey. I hope they either get their shit together or fail.
This week's more training leading up to Time Trial Nationals on Tuesday of next week. I planned to do the Tuesday night TT here this week for prep, but I accidentally scheduled a meeting w/ a rep that night. Oops. I plan to go out Tuesday morning and bust a TT myself though...I bet I beat the course record!



No comments: