Thursday, July 29, 2010

Late Registraiton

I had to borrow (steal) the title of Kanye West's second album for this title.
Those that know me well know that my race (and in general) preparation is meticulous, even borderline obsessive; I just like to remove unknown variables and eliminate as many surprises as possible. So in a rare miss for the Rod-man, I found myself facing a $120 entry fee for a 15mile time trial. The story's long, but I missed registration for TT nationals by 1 day, but learned they have day-of registration...for $120! The breakdown is this: normal price is $60, which is a rip off for a 26k TT, "late early" reg is $85, which is larceny and day of is $120 which is out of the question.
Two of my pillars (or motto's) are "Winning occurs at the intersection of preparation, execution and luck," and "the first step to (athletic) success is showing up." Well, I kind of blew it on this one.
Que cera.
But to not let my training leading up to nats go totally wasted, I'm going to head out for a 20min power test on Tuesday see where I am. I set a new best earlier in the year, but I have been doing some specific training leading up to this Tues, so I might-as-well go out and see what it's gotten me. And I'm going to go do a Seymour 20k TT today (Sunday), which I was going to skip w/ nat's looming, so that'll be cool.
Maybe I'll hit y'all up w/ a report of that later.

No comments: