Monday, March 21, 2011

Time's a changin'

Thanks to DST that is. I think being away and w/ no real schedule whatsoever during the dst change screwed me up. Or at least set me back a week or so of being used to it. I'm struggling to get out of bed, dragging ass in the a.m. and eating dinner really late. I gotta get my act together.
I've done a few easy rides and one longer ride since back from TN. I think I'm still a little fatigued from the trip and stacking 3days in the mountains, but I think the gains lie beneath the fatigue. I'm going to do some shorter duration but higher intensity intervals coming up this week, then get the cobwebs off and race this weekend. It feels like forever ago since I've raced a bike and it's been 3months. Which is actually a pretty long time. But I've done several hard rides and several group rides and a few hard group rides, so mixing it up in a RR shouldn't be too big of a deal. Of course it's never me I'm worried about; it's the other guys who seem to have attended SeƱor Sketchball's School of Bike Riding over the winter.(not sure who this is, but I did a google image search for "senor sketchball" just to see what came up and this guy came up as "Dr. Sketchball." He's clearly a Simpsons character, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know that I've ever seen him. Nor can I find any info on him after doing a google search for "Dr. Sketchball Simpsons." Something's fishy.)

Anywho enough Simpsons nerding, spring is definitely here (as of 3/20!) which means crazy up and down weather is afoot. So far it's been mostly up, so whatever. But I've seen a few IN springs in my day and I know it's probably not done snowing here yet (yes, I said it). And even though it's very wet here already, it's going to rain like a bastard yet. But I'll roll w/ this 70/partly cloudy as long as it's here...

No comments: