Monday, October 05, 2009

OVCX 2, etc.

Sunday was stop #2 in the Ohio Valley CX series. This is hyped as the hardest course in the series and all that hoopla. It's either up, down, turn or off camber the whole lap. And the lap was kind of short, so there was no recovery really, just do it over and over.

Wes Harris, a fellow Speedway Wheelman, snapped a few photos out on the course. Thanks Wes.




A few of the pics show the amount of elevation on the course. In some you can see how high the background is.


I felt really good racing here. I never felt like I was riding too far outside of myself. Which is good because it minimized the amount of time during which I felt like I was going to die (and wished I would), but is also kind of bad because I got third and was gapped by 1st and 2nd. I did gap 3rd and the rest of the field though. Which means I spent a good amount of the race in no-mans-land, not catching the guys in front of me, but holding of the ones behind me.
Overall it was a good race and I was happy both with my result and my ride. And, as usual, i got to hang out with good friends for the rest of the day.
As mentioned before, this weekend is the big UCI triple-header in Cincinnati. I think a couple things: 1) doing three CX races in three days will be hard. But 2) doing three CX races in three days will make me strong (once I get recovered from it all).
So I am looking forward both to the racing and to the training it will provide.
Wish me luck! (remember: success occurs at the intersection of preparation, execution and luck).

No comments: