Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fall, it's-a-here.

I lifted this picture off the internet, it's doesn't quite look like that here...yet.

But the weather has switched to Fall mode and it did it in a right hurry. I guess I was gone for a few days last week, so maybe there was a quick transition that I missed, but the mornings went from 60's to 40's. Morning rides are down right cold for now. I don't terribly mind the Fall or Spring but they take some getting used to.
Fall is cyclocross season though, and even though riding at max effort makes you hot regardless of outside temp, the weather right now is just about perfect for CX racing. This weekend is #2 in the Ohio Valley CX series. It's in Kentucky and it's a hilly, technical course. If it stays dry I think I can do good at it. If it's wet, it could be about survival and staying upright.
Next weekend is the three (3) day UCI (Unione Cycliste Internationale [governing body of world cycling]) weekend in Cincinnati. I'm raicng all three days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I expect this to be most difficult as cyclocross, while only 45min long, is SUPER hard and leaves you SUPER spent. To do it three days in a row will be a challenge. Recovery shall be the name of that game.
I feel like I have my week(s) pretty well dialed-in training wise.
I'm riding an easy ~hour Monday, then running Monday night.
Doing hard 10-20min intervals Tuesday.
CX training race Wed night.
~2hrs steady pace, not hard, not easy, Thursday morning. Then run Thurs eve.
~1hr easy Friday.
Off Saturday (work all day)
Race Sunday.
I'm feeling pretty good overall, though it's been hard to get out of bed lately;I've been tired. I think it's probably a seasonal thing, but I started taking B-vitamins anyway.
So, that's that. I'll post up after the weekend.

No comments: