Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vegas/pics

The new Time road pedal "Iclick." Carbon everywhere. Even has a carbon retention clip, but it works more like a ski binding than a spring-loaded pedal. SUPER light (and probably SUPER expensive.

Christian VandeVelde. (sp)

Pro men.

Leaders, (Jamie Driscol (front) can't remember who #2 is) heading into finish)

Pro Men.
=================================================================

My trip to Interbike this year was short. Which is good for being in Vegas (because Vegas kind of sucks), but bad for traveling (if you hate traveling like I do). I was at the show half of Wednesday and all day Thursday, then left early Friday. I got to see everything I needed/wanted to and talked to all the people I needed/wanted to (and some I didn't). I did go to Cross Vegas Wed night, which was awesome once again. I accidentally wound up in the VIP area (where all the press and pros were hanging out). The beer in the VIP was free, so I had two Sierra Nevada's on the house. The VIP had good vantage points, which was good because if I left the VIP I couldn't get back in.
I skipped the US Pro Crit Championships because 1) it was at Mandalay Bay, which is at the completely opposite end of the strip form where I was staying 2) I was tired from walking around ALL DAY and 3) I had to be up to leave @ 5am the following morn.
One of the highlights for me was that Universal Sports had a pimpin' lounge set up in the lobby of The Sands w/ a bunch of big flat screen facing every direction, a big P.A. and leather couches, etc. and was showing the World Championships (TT that day). Plus there was free Fat Tire on tap (I had another 2). It was a cool atmosphere, they had trivia give-aways and stuff during commercial breaks. It was nice to be able to kick back while still at the show (the sweet couches were all full, so I had to sit on the floor, but whatever).
I spent way too much time traveling Friday, almost 12hrs total. But other than that it was an okay trip.
Now it's back to the routine and back to training, I tried to load up on training in the two days before I left, but I haven't worked out since Tuesday (except walking ~10miles/day).
Racing resumes next weekend!

No comments: