Monday, September 14, 2009

Repeat

We ventured over to Seymour again for the local TT series finale' this weekend. As you may recall from a previous post, Ryan and I went to this a few weeks ago and while both of us beat the course record, he beat me so he holds the new record. There are two courses in this series, a flat one (a few weeks ago) and a hilly one (yesterday). Once again, Ryan and I both broke the record, but he best me (as expected), so he now holds both course records. I expect they will both stand for a very long time too.
While this is a small grassroots TT series, both courses are excellent and they'll make great measuring sticks. I look forward to doing several of them next year.
I also ran a 5k Saturday morning. I've been "upping" my running volume, but 3.1miles was still my longest run of the year. I set the goal of going under 24minute, not really sure what to expect time wise. And not being a runner, I couldn't really care less if I went over 24 either. To my surprise I went a low 22min. I was happy with that because I felt really good throughout.
I rode easy for a little under an hour today, but my right calf is sore. Both of my calves are a little sore, but the right feels a little more serious. I iced it, so hopefully it cooperates. I have been running Mondays evenings, I may skip the run tonight if it is still bothering me.

No comments: