Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Maybe not the best idea...

Previous post deleted. Within hours it was all over the Internet. Stirring the potential to cause problems. To those who read it, I'm glad I wrote it. And that is not what this post title refers to.
I ran last night. For the first time this season. I ran 1.7miles, that's 13minutes. I was starting to feel soreness within an hour or so. I feel like maybe it wasn't the best idea because I am going to do a 10mile TT tonight to get some power numbers established. Being sore may not be the most efficient way to produce watts. But it's the end of the season, I'll deal. So yes, I got a power meter to train with. That was my planned purchase for this year, but I hadn't planned on purchasing it this early. But that's the way it ended up shaking out.
For those that missed my previous post: a quick weekend re-cap.
Sunday I went down to Louisville to watch friends Tim Mickelborough (Mick-Ultra) and Chelsea Sanders race the Ironman. I've spectated several Ironman races and this was by far the most pleasant. The weather was perfect.
While the athletes were out on the bike course, I took the opportunity to ride over to the USGP/Storm the Greens cyclocross race course at the River Road Country Club Cyclocross park. It looked a lot different 1) w/ not tape marking the course and 2)w/ green grass (not Blue Grass) and leaves on trees. I've only been there in deep winter time, so it was different. It was good training session and I'm very glad I did it. I hooked up w/ 3 locals to be shown the lap for starters. I did 2 very fast very fast (full race pace, really) w/ them, then they were going to do "skills practice" (they were probably just intimidated by my prowess though). So I rode 3 more laps hard, but by myself, so not at quite the punishing pace these guys had me on. Then I rode 1 lap easy w/ Ryan (he and some other friends rode road bikes out, then came back past the cross park to pick me up and he busted out a lap w/ me). It was a great workout, I did 50+min of CX riding, most of it hard, on a world class CX course in August. How cool is that?
Then we watched the rest of the IM. It was great day, w/ great riding, spent w/ great friends. Sweet!
So back to running. I need to get started w/ my 2009-2010 running campaign, so I ride easy ~1hr yesterday a.m., then ran in the evening. My plan was (is?) to run again this a.m., but I'm going to wait until I get stretched to see if I think I should or not. I am going to the sports/wellness Dr. for some treatment today too. So I have a few tings to get done.

2 comments:

triatma said...

so you let the Nazis run around?

Gina said...

I came over to comment on the dope story. I am glad you wrote it too.

Good luck on your running campaign.