Friday, September 11, 2009

Sony, Pioneer, Dennon, Onkio

What do all of the names mentioned on the title have in common? They are all types of stereos. Or stereotypes.
Most of you that know me know that I have a deep fear of drivers from Ohio; they just suck at driving. Female drivers from Ohio? forget about it. Asian female from Ohio? No way. Asian student driver on a cell phone from Ohio? RUN!
Anyway, I had to snap a picture of this killer parking job in front of my bikeshop the other day. I edited the plate to protect the innocent, but I do know it's a female. And the Ohio plate, what would you expect other than halfway in two spaces AND on the sidewalk. Classic.


I had an incredibly solid week of training this week. I'm starting to understand training with power better each day. I did some good hard intervals Tuesday that are designed for cyclocross fitness. I was able to keep my power right where it was supposed to be.
Wednesday was the third "Wednesday Worlds Cyclocross" training race. I go third this week. Of course nearly everyone quit early, but I was riding pretty good anyway, so whatever.
Thursday I went out and did my first real road ride w/ power. It really forced me to ride harder overall than I normally would have. I was on a route I do often, so I am used to doing it in a certain manor. But trying to stay in a power zone leaves no time to rest/recover. This I think will make me faster.
Conversely, I rode easy today (Friday) and had to really hold back to stay w/in my "easy zone." Interesting thing: on my "hard days" I wasn't riding hard enough and on my "easy days" I was going too hard. I kind of think I mostly always rode the same pace, just different distances. And that's no good. he power tap will teach me much.
I also mixed in some runs during the week. Which brings me to tomorrow: I'm doing a 5k. I won't go hard because I don't to get sore (I've run only 2.5miles so far), but I want to go ~24min. We'll see.
Then Sunday it a final TT for the season. It's another one in Seymour, but a different course than the one a few weeks ago. Ryan and I are going to go try to crush this course record like we did the other one!
Then the following weekend (9/20), it's the first CX race of the season. Whew; no rest at all.
I also have an announcement regarding my 2010 racing. To come though.

6 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Adam = It's very very common for a rider to ride to hard on their easy days and then to ride too hard on their easy days. I thing most riders who are advanced know this but it's still hard to get right without a power meter.
If your not going hard enough on your hard days this your missing out on your real potential. Joe Friel refers to these rides as your break through ride as you break through to anther fitness level.
Summary - this power meter should make you faster.

Jumpy

Randy Lewandowski said...

okay I screwed it up, it should be -
It's very very common for a rider to ride to hard on their easy days and then to ride too easy on their hard days.

Emily said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I JUST NOTICED THIS!!!! HAHAHAH I AM DYING LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!!! oh man. sick burn. ok ok i parked like that because....ok i have no excuses except i didnt eat all day. you're just jealous!

Emily said...

plus, the people that were parked around me previous to me parking, in which i had to parallel park between, were not in the spaces correctly, so i couldn't be either!!

Emily said...

go ahead, take another sip of your haterade, i'll wait =)

adamrodkey said...

You're off the hook...you need no excuse. Your Ohio plate gives you free run.