Monday, September 07, 2009

My bars are getting full

My handle bars are getting cramped w/ information devices. I'm thinking maybe a miniature globe and/or compass on the left hand side.
I got my powertap all set up and have done some testing w/ it to get some numbers established to train with. Lindsay has helped me get zones and all that crap established so I can use this tool for intervals, steady rides, easy rides, etc.
I have been kind of sick-ish for 3-4days. I think it's probably allergies, but it may a little cold. When I get sick I turn into a hippie for treatment; no medicine, but apple cider vinegar drink (totally nasty, but supposedly a cure-all), eccinachea, neti pot, and wishful thinking.
I missed the final MTB race of the year yesterday (Sunday) due to not feeling well. I didn't feel super bad, but I was afraid that 1) breathing in 2hrs of dirt couple with 2) 2hrs of maximum effort would make me full blown sick and shut me down for a week or so. So I skipped it.
I did go out and bust a hard 4mile TT, the first 2miles of which are up hill and are the Monroe County Hill Climb TT course. So I previewed the TT (because I haven't been on this hill for three years), and set some power records to have for training. Being congested, my lungs were absolutely on fire while riding hard, but I set a good time on the hill portion and PR'd the 4mile TT by 7seconds.
Today I rode nice and easy (as evident by the av power pictured above), which I normally do on Mondays but getting over allergies/sickness was even more important. I got my MTB all cleaned off (which was still dirty from racing 4 weeks ago) and I'll probably do an EASY 20min run later.
Labor day, eh? Sweet.

2 comments:

RJ said...

maybe you should also add a Garmin, a PDA holder, and some Halt! on those bars. and a mirror, for sure

or you could take the Polar off since you have the PowerTap...?

adamrodkey said...

I'll still use the polar to keep track of my overall training hours (because of the calendar it has in its software). And I like the polar chest strap the best. Basically, w/ a click I can see my Y-T-D hours, mileage, etc w/ polar. It's old, but it was ahead of its time.