Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The TT bike is officially hung up.

Hurt face.


right before finish line.

no helmet...how cool's this guy??

Tuesday evening was the Monroe County Hill Climb Championship. I was torn for about a week or so which bike to ride, TT or road bike. It has a couple very fast sections that I knew would favor the TT, but I think I climb overall faster on my road bike (and it's lighter). Obviously, I opted for the TT bike and I am now positive it was the right choice, as there were a couple 34+mph sections.
I went into this event confident; I expected to win. Not in a cocky way, but in a good athletic, positive thinking way.
I 'm not sure if Ryan Shanahan had the same positive thoughts, but he definitely won. And Re-Jay Shei, who set the course record last year, was faster than me too. Ryan, RJ and myself all three went under the previous course record, but I took 3rd overall. Because Ryan won the overall, I took the trophy for 30+ winner, because the promoter doesn't allow double dipping into the trophy bag (you can win only one trophy). So albeit w/ an "*", I took home some hardware.
I forgot to mention last post that this weekend is the opener of the Ohio Valley Cyclocross series.
First cross race!
And it looks like I am going back to Vegas for Interbike this year. So I'll be gone most of next week to check out what's on the horizon for 2010 in the bike world. And have my mind blown, yet agian, about how rediculous Las Vegas is.

No comments: