Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feeling Summer

(this is the start of hill on Miller road. It's little known, but feared by those who know it. I'm not 100% sure if it's the absolute steepest [paved] hill around here, but it's definitely a top runner for that title. It looks so peaceful in the pic, it's not)
I have had a pretty good week of riding, though my Power Tap has been giving me some problems. The battery in the head was dying, so I switched it out, but then the batteries is the hub died too the next day. Then I was having some download issues, but it all ~seems~ resolved now. (Cyclops has three places things can go wrong: hardware [hub, head, USB cradle], software [the Power Agent program on your PC] and "firmware," which isn't really hardware, but isn't really software either, something in between that they made up.
It has been kind of rainy in these parts. Nothing too terrible, but I've had to have the "rain bike" out quite a few times. Plus all the atmospheric moisture is making it humid as all hell.
It has been kind of rainy in these parts. Nothing too terrible, but I've had to have the "rain bike" out quite a few times. Plus all the atmospheric moisture is making it humid as all hell.
Racing on tap for this weekend has changed. I was planning on doing a Ohio Valley road race that was what seemed to be a brutal course w/ 20% grades. But a schedule conflict is going to put me in Indy instead doing a "circuit race" on a course that most likely doesn't suit my style. But whatever, it'll be a good workout if nothing else.
Otherwise, everything's good. I do feel lately as though I can't eat enough. I'm not working out more than usual, and I can't really say I'm even "hungry" as it were, I just want to eat constantly. Luckily Lindsay and I don't keep snack food around our house because I'd eat all of it (or drive myself crazy w/ internal battles). Kind of weird though. Actually, it just right now occurred to me that I have been doing at least one evening ride per week the past few weeks and that could be throwing the normalcy of my metabolism for a loop. Maybe...
Anywho, the rain has "kept me" from "being able" to mow this week. So I have to get that done tomorrow. Great.

No comments: