Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The rainy TT

A small crew of us somewhat reluctantly went over the Seymour for stop 2 in the TT series we heard about and started doing late last year.It was rainy all day and rained off/on the whole way there, but we actually got the 20k race in w/ no rain. But being between fronts, it was very windy; some of the windier conditions I've TT'd in I'd say. It was a stiff headwind out (6.1miles) then a huge tailwind pushing you back (6.1). I know the theory is your reward for pushing into a headwind is cruisin' w/ a tail wind, but this doesn't work so well in TT racing because you have to go 100% hard both ways. So when you're on the verge of being blown from ~15min of headwind, only to turn around and be spun out, theory goes out the window. My time was good given the conditions, but almost a minute off of best on the course. I went 27.31 and my last year time was 26.41. Oh well, it was good for second (to RS of course), which is in the money. I'm glad I went because it was a super hard effort, and I probably would have ended up sitting around doing nothing if I hadn't gone due to the weather.
It's kind of TT season for me I guess. Our Local 10mile TT "series" starts tonight (5/4) and the first of the Indiana Race Series 40k TT's is this weekend. I had a couple hard days last week, and w/ the TT a couple of days ago, and another TT in a few days, I've told myself to not go 100% tonight at the Forest TT, but I probably will; it's hard not to. We'll see.

No comments: