Thursday, April 29, 2010

comme ci comme ça week

This week has been so/so. The weather turned very spring in the past few days. So there have been days of wet, days of cold and days of wet&cold. Okay, by cold I mean mid 40's in the morning, but I have gotten used to (spoiled by?) warmer temps, so motivation is hard to find on those days. Tuesday was one of the wet&cold days and I planned to do 2x15min hard intervals on the TT bike. Well I decided to ride them inside on the trainer; that didn't work out so good. If motivation is hard to find to get outside on chilly days, it's nowhere to be found to ride inside for me now. I slogged through the intervals at a much lower power than 1) I should have and 2) would have if I'd been outside. Basically it was a waste of time.
Wednesday eve I did the Wednesday Worlds training race. I usually can't make this ride because it traditionally leaves @ 5:30 and I work until 6. But the start has been shifted to 6 for the bike shops sakes so I'll be able to make more now. It was as always, a hard ride, but good workout (if you stay in the front group for a Bloomington WW ride, you basically completed a shortened Cat2 road race). I had some uncharacteristic leg cramps, but i rode through them (w/ help from the Shann-a-hammer). I feel like I did a little damage to my right calf in the process though. I'm nursing it, and feeling better, but it is kind of tender in a spot.

(Levi Leipheimer's head is too big for his body. And is he a horsey jockey or a bike racer?)

My allergic effects haven't completely subsided. Which brings me to a quick review of Muc-off lens cleaner. On the Wednesday night ride, let's just say I had snot flying all over the place and in particular in a place that made me glad I was wearing sunglasses. I was able to just wipe the lens w/ my bare finger and was able to see clearly. Nice.
Anyway, this post is getting boring. I started it several days ago and have been writing a little here-and-there every so often over the past few days. So it probably doesn't flow well. Sorry.
More TT scheduled for this weekend (Sunday). Weather looks rainy, but supposed to clear up after morning, so it's likely we'll get it in tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how things go.

No comments: