Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recovery week + all day rain = 0 day.

So with this being the end of a recovery week and it being an all day rain affair, I basically did nothing all day. It's pretty rare that I take a 0, but I just couldn't get motivated to ride in the rain. Basically my mind set changed about a million times and I just couldn't get it together. I went from 'going to race a TT,' to 'going to ride @ 3pm if it wasn't raining' (which it was still), to 'f*%k it all'. I guess when I go from race mode, to ride mode, to waiting mode it's easy to just do nothing instead.
I did work on some of our (Lindsay and I's [mostly Lindsay's]) bikes do a bunch of dishes, some vacuuming, etc, but nothing too terribly productive by my standards.
I skipped racing and found this picture of what I missed:
yes, racers/bikes ducking for cover under semi trailer in pouring rain; not unhappy I missed all that action.
Okay, okay, this is the one pic I decided to pull because the 4 or so other pages of people actually racing bikes just make me feel bad. I prefer to look at this one and say "man, I'm glad I'm not one of those idiots."
Good news is: other than some mild nasal runnage, my allergy attack is pretty well gone. So I can get back to training this week. I really think the neti pot is a huge help in situations like these, and in general. I started using it in the shower so I don't have to worry about aim or splash or anything. It's the way to do it. Enough about my mucus.
On the agenda for this coming weekend is a hilly 20k TT. Then the following weekend is a 40k. Then another 40k the weekend following that one. Lots of TT's coming up. And some more RR's too. Yes, I'm keeping busy.
The OVCX 2010 schedule was released today as well. That got me thinking that I'm going to need a break in July or August to recoup a little prior to getting fired up for CX this year. I also keep telling myself every week for the past several that 'I need to get out and ride my mountain bike,' but then don't do it. My first few MTB races may be embarrassing. Oh well, I'm not ultra competitive @ MTB anyway, I really do it for fun/workout.

1 comment:

Dave Rodkey said...

I ran 13.4 yesterday. Raining when I started. Raining when I finished.