Friday, April 23, 2010

Reocovery, allergies and recovery from allergies

(Not 100% sure what this pic is, [lifted form google images] but it lays out allergy symptoms AND has my name on it)

This was a planned recovery week for me. Which turned out to coincide perfectly w/ an attack of the allergens. I've been eating echinacea like candy (not really, ~6pills/day; I could eat way more candy than that) and using the Neti pot like the guys at the head shop around the corner use the pot-pot.
The weather was mostly great for a recovery week; just to go out and enjoy a few rides w/ no real efforts.
(I snapped this out on a very picturesque stretch of road Tuesday I think. Nice views like this 360* around on this road)

Anywho, I'm feeling pretty good and the allergies, while definitely still lingering, are not too bad. It's Little 500 weekend and since I don't really care much about that event, and the race I ~was~ doing Saturday is canceled, I'll work Sat and hopefully race a TT Sunday, weather pending.
I busted out my rain bike and did my "openers" routine today in the rain. This is becoming a favorite workout of mine. I was very nearly taken out by a (hillybilly in a) truck pulling a boat, but my power stayed up some how. 446 is a dangerous road w/ all the idiots in their trucks w/ their boats and this was the closest I can remember coming to being swiped. It was cloudy and rainy, so I have to believe this dude didn't notice me OR my bright-ass blinky light because he didn't budge. I also have to believe he didn't notice my finger after passing me because he didn't come back for the ass-whoop of his life (130lb dude in lycra vs [at least] 2 ~250+lb hill-jacks, likely w/ weapons, how could I loose?).
So, hopefully the weather allows a TT this weekend. Then next week is back to workouts and hopefully allergies are gone.

1 comment:

ybbond said...

rode with Wes and did the 446 out and back prior to going to L5 - and on the back had 2 semi's pretty much charge by me just after the initial climb up from the Res..... Fucking idiots were passing me in a blind turn and would have plowed any oncoming traffic.....