Monday, April 05, 2010

Epic Sunday

While my Sunday wasn't as epic as it was for these guys it was pretty epic watching them race. And we had a long hard ride ourselves too, the weather was great so our doesn't really qualify as epic, but it was hard nonetheless.
Two of set out for the Nashville 90. It was a great day, but the wind was blowing hard and it was all over the place, so we had headwinds where we didn't think we would based on the previous headwind directions, which made for a hard ride. As long as you don't bonk-out, (which no one did) you can't complain about a hard ride, but I was drained afterwords. I drank some recovery drink, then passed out for almost 2hrs. I didn't eat during that whole time, and not eating for 2hrs after a long ride like that (and being drained) is not recommended. (I actually was so tired feeling that I "couldn't" vigorously shake my recovery drink, I wished I had a paint shaker thing)
Anywho, we rode a good strong 90 and had a really good speed for it just being two of us and having to deal w/ the wind.
In other news: I've been on my TT bike twice now and it feels good and is riding fast. Looking forward to racing this thing. Maybe even make a few dollar$ at some of the local TT's.
Things are going well. Plan is to resume racing this weekend. Plus I mowed the yard for the first time this year. Kind of sucks to open that can, but it has to be done.
That's about all I have. Will report more laters.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That photo is amazing! WOW!

adamrodkey said...

It is, Gina. Great color. And if you could have seen the struggle that ensued about 5seconds after that was shot...