Monday, May 17, 2010

At least it's wet everywhere

Looks like the Giro d'Italia was passing our Bottom Road on Monday. Front view.


Rear view.

I stayed nice and dry on my ride...because I rode rollers in my basement! It was pouring rain and I needed to do a EZ recovery ride, so I just spun on the rollers. Then on my ride into work I got totally soaked.
Over the weekend we went up to a park circuit race at Eagle Creek Park in Indy. It was a short (~4min) lap w/ no real elevation, so I didn't really expect that I would come off w/ any result to speak of; not really the kind of race that suits me. So once we got rolling, I kind of decided to attack a bunch an counter as many attacks as I could to at least get a good workout in. And if an attack stuck, that'd be cool too. None did, but I rode an okay race, got a good workout w/ no result to speak of.
This weekend is the Ohio Valley road race at St Leon, which is in Indiana, but barely. Its off the last IN exit before entering OH. I guess there's some changes to the course, but it a good course. And since I haven't ridden it for a couple years, even if there are changes, I'm not likely to remember the course to a T anyway, so it shouldn't matter much. As long as it still features the big climb and the rolling roads that follow the climb, I should be okay.
Today is #2 for the year of the Tuesday night TT's at Morgan Monroe so I plan to hit that up. I know April shower are supposed to bring May flowers, but I feel like May has been pretty rainy. Maybe the flowers will come in the couple weeks. They better, because it'll be June after that.

No comments: