Monday, September 06, 2010

"That Guy" status: denied.

Today (Monday/Labor Day) with no work I decided to change my easy ride up a bit and ride the CX bike out to the local mountain bike park and ride around there a bit, then ride back. I got that all done by ~noon, and what to do w/ the rest of the day? I thought it would be fun and a nice change to just go hang out downtown, etc. So I packed up the laptop into my sweet new pannier and rode over to a coffee shop fully intent on being the guy that sits there for hours on end weazing free internet. (note: I know that it's totally common and totally accepted to be "this guy" these days, but I've never sat at a coffee shop w/ a laptop, so I was nervous about looking douchy, when in reality you tend to look more out of place W/OUT a computer anymore). Anywho, the battery on our netbook was dead, so I didn't get the chance. Still though, I had a nice time just chilling out, people watching and walking around the town.
Yesterday (Sunday) I got out for a solid 2hrs in the a.m. and had a great ride. I felt great and ride strong. I got out a little earlier than normal for a Sunday because Lindsay and I went up and spent the rest of the day at my parents house because my brother, his wife and their baby were there. We had a nice day just hanging and had a good dinner w/ everyone.

(I snapped this pic last week of Griffey Lake. This is normally a small lake/reservoir and not a basin. It has been so dry here only that little stream is currently wet.)

The rest of last week was just more of the same; training, working...feeling pretty good though. Looking forward to racing CX. And that's good because it starts next weekend.

No comments: