Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peace and Love my Brothers and Sisters

This is what I've felt like for a week now. Not because I haven't showered and stopped wearing shoes, but because my right hip has been bugging the crap out of me (get it, "hippie?") Okay, lame joke. But last Tuesday while doing some high intensity intervals the muscles of my right hip flared up. These things happen and I try not to worry much about it; and this particular 'tweeker' has gotten better every other day or so, it's just taking longer than usual. I my general hip issues are a perfect storm of cycling, standing at work, leaning, lifting, sitting, basically being a living human. Bummer. I will say this though, today, one week from the inception, I feel much better than any of the previous days. Let's hope it lasts.
This passed week wasn't all that eventful on my end. Same old/same old. Of course that's only on my end; there's a girl missing from this town. Very weird situation. I can't help but think there's more going on here than a run-of-the-mill abduction. There's a lot of people on this case though, they'll figure it out.
As for me, I just rode and worked. That's about it. This week will be similar. Though tonight is a Tuesday Night Time Trial (let's hope my hip can hang w/ this) and this weekend is another MTB race.
I had just one 40k TT planned prior to the State Championship TT, which I would rather have more than just one, but the one that fit into my schedule got rescheduled for after the State Champ race. So that makes 0 opportunities to race 40k before the States. So I'm thinking about going up to the Monrovia 40k course and doing one on my own just to get the effort/time in. We'll see.
That's it for now. See you's!

No comments: