Sunday, June 26, 2011

On my own

Well I don't talk about my cycling coach much. Mostly because I find it terribly lame when people feel the need to talk about their coaches all the time. But I have been working w/ a guy for a couple of years and he's moving up and on in his career as a coach. He basically coaches on his own, but he's a pro cyclist and knows a lot of good workouts. Plus he lives in the Indy area, so he understands what I have to deal with in terms of weather (so he's not sitting in California in Feb telling to go out and do a 4hr endurance ride). The price he charges is waaaay lower than any other coach. (period) One might say it's too good to be true and can't last forever...that person would be right.
Anwho, since he got picked up by a top coaching firm, his price is tripling. And I can't hang w/ that. So I'm going to have to start fending for myself. Sure, it's nice to have a week's workouts in my inbox every morning, but I feel like having been coached for a couple of years that I am well enough equipped to make due on my own.
I got some good workouts and my swimming in this past week. It's only been a week of swimming (4 sessions now) but I rally think this is going to help me overall with flexibility and strength of secondary muscles. And I'll have one of the fullest tans at any bike race.
As my own coach I do feel very in need of a rest week. But i have the State TT in a few weeks, so I need to plan w/ that in mind. After that I do plan to take it a little easy and start looking ahead to CX.
It has been raining a lot here, and while that sucks for many reasons, it's good for this little tree that friend and I planted in our front yard.

No comments: