Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hup 2-3-4

March! (get it?) It's March. Glancing at the calendar on my wall I see that Spring begins 8days. Not that it is much of a monument this year with the winter we've had, but still. I guess March came in like a lamb...or did it? There was q good dusting of snow last weekend and some pretty heavy rain this week. Maybe it wasn't exactly a lamb, but not fully a lion either. More like an angry house cat; usually nice, but when it gets agitated it'll pee in your shoe. We'll see what that means for the end of March.
Despite a minor rearrangement due to Thursday's rain-out, I had a pretty good week of workouts. I even got out on my time trial bike on Wed.
I didn't really have any plan, just ride the TT bike for an hour so. I did a "route" I've never done before. I just rode down Fairfax road to the the lake and back. I've ridden Fairfax a million times, just never by itself (usually it's either the beginning or the end of ride). It was a pretty decent road for the TT bike, but it was a super windy day. Like 40mph windy. So dealing with that kind of sucked, but I felt good on the bike and in the TT position.
The week was closed out with what has become the standard Sunday road ride. A big group leaves from downtown and rides out Hwy 446 and back. This ride typically splits into "the usual suspects" and is about as predictable as clock. But that doesn't make it any less challenging; fast guys make for a hard ride.
I was pretty tuckered out the rest of the day and pretty much just laid around.
I had used the last of my ground coffee and have been out of espresso for a few weeks. Plus I was down to one Monster so I made a run to Kroger and this is what I came back with:
I used the self-checkout, but I bet it thinks I am crazy.
I have a pretty solid week of training planned. That is, I have two good interval sessions planned. Plus Tuesday evening Lindsay and i are going to meet my parents at Zydeco's Restaurant in Mooresville. I saw this place on a Food Network show awhile back and it has been on my list as a place to go. Then my dad emailed me and asked if we wanted to go there this week. They had seen it too and apparently put it on their list. Should be cool.
I think I'm going to start racing in about a month. Which seems like a long time. But I enjoy training, so I don't mind putting in some more work. I'll most likely start with the Cereland and Mooresville circuits in April. Then w/ the drought of road racing, it'll probably be mostly MTB after that. We'll see what pops up. Which reminds me...I should probably try to get on my MTB as soon as possible.

No comments: