Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's been a while...

…since I’ve had an all outside riding week. The first week of October, to be exact. I thought this may be the one, I was outside everyday this week, then today (Sunday) came. 30’s and rain/wet. I threw in the towel and rode the rollers for a hour. I justified to myself that since I’ve raced the past two Sundays, a non hard effort was okay; fact is, I just didn’t want to be out in the sh!t weather.
I had my first pretty normal, summer like training week this week. We rode really hard Tuesday, then I killed some hill efforts Wed. Thurs I wanted to ride my TT bike because I haven’t been on it outside since probably September or something. I wanted to get in over 1.5 hr, but avoid climbing, which is very difficult around here. I rode into a headwind out Hwy 446 to the last chance to turn around before descending the Lake Monroe causeway, which is Mellencamp’s driveway. I turned around in his driveway @ ~32 minutes and had a push back, so I negative splitted and was out for only an hour. Whatever, I felt tired anyway. Then easy hour Friday (like Monday), off Sat and blah today. Sub-8hr week, and that makes 3 lower-than-should-be hour weeks on a row. I was sick for the first 2, so whatever.
I may race next weekend. Maybe Saturday, maybe Sunday, maybe both. We’ll see.
The following weekend is the Brown County St Park Road Race, which I am looking forward to. I ~should~ be able to do good there.

No comments: