Sunday, April 20, 2008

no clever title (sorry)

Ok, so I ended up w/ a fairly string training week. I was (am) about an hour down due to Tuesday’s cold snap, but otherwise, I was good. I did a ride I’ve never done before on Thursday, which was kind of a variation of several rides I normally do. It went up a nasty climb into MMSF (Catholic Cemetary Rd. [in honor of the Pope’s visit?]). It was a good 46mile ride w/ a good flow, save for that steep climb.
I raced the Cat 1-2-3 race in Moorseville today. This was a hard course for a small dude. It had one climb, rather short (the whole course was just 1 mile long) broken up by a headwind section and a fast sweeping downhill. So my race went: sit in headwind section, get gapped on descent, close gap on climb, repeat for one hour. Whatever, I fell off the back, got swept back up and finished in the field a lap down.
Then JP and I went to Brown County State Park to pre ride for next week’s suffer-fest over there. We rode 4 laps of the course, which is part of the 1989? Pan Am games course. This contains what is considered the hardest climb in the state, and we will be hitting it 8-10 times. This will be hard. I’ve ridden it though, and I feel like I can do well here. We’ll see; I have no excuse going in…However, what goes up must come down, right? This course also features a VERY fast descent that has me a little worried. People w/ sketchy DH skills or shoddy, poorly maintained equipment have the potential to cause disaster on a course like this (our max speed pre riding was 46mph).
I’m going to roll out a local 10mile TT Tuesday evening, and try to have a pretty normal week otherwise. I’ll ride Tuesday morning also, but just short and easy(er).
That’s all I can think of.
Spring has sprung.

No comments: