Monday, October 20, 2008

Hilly weekend

Photo is the misty fog and fall colours over Griffey lake. Taken Friday am (cell pic) after my run at Griffey and prior to ride back in.

Then the weekend was the religious weekend to Southern IN cyclist, the Hilly 100. Per usual I worked it Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Josh and I had a good hilly money wise and stayed very busy and very tired. I'm still tired from the weekend. we were busy enough Sunday that i didn't get to ride like I usually do, but that's okay. We go 50/50 on the weekend's earnings, so it's only fair that I stay so he doesn't get bogged down.
Not riding made my week a little short on training hours, but I'm not too worried about that. This weekend is the USGP cross race in Louisville. It was good last year; kind of overwhelming to be at such a huge race. Cool though.
Speaking of cool, mornings are down right cold now. The past two have been in the 30's. My toes froze this morning and hurt real bad thawing when I got in (I was out for only ~45min, but didn't wear shoe covers).
It was another good Hilly weekend and good to catch up w/ some Muncie folks I don't see too often like Keelo and Jimmy Leffler especially.
Good times.
I hatched a plan to ~try to~ get a new Campy Chorus 11 speed group for my road bike w/ my hilly earnings and the selling of my current group. Hopefully it works out, that'd be sweet!

No comments: