Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's official...

It's cold in the mornings. These are my seasonal best friends, the Merino Sheep. That's right, I've busted out the wool already.
I actually was sick this week. It hit me Monday afternoon, a feverish, stuffy head feeling. I left work early and went straight to bed.
I skipped working out Tuesday to sleep in, worked all day, but went straight to bed after work again.
By Wed I felt much better, so I rode the cross bike a little over an hour; nothing crazy hard or anything, just riding.
Then today (thurs) I felt good enough to resume training. We rode a hard local route (North Shore Dr.) and our current local pro, John Myers went with. This dude is a faaast cat 1 and this was hard ride. just what I needed after being sick for a couple of days. I couldn't have pushed that hard otherwise. I actually felt pretty good and never really felt in danger of being dropped. It was a good, hard ride. I hope he joins us somewhat often to make it interesting.
This weekend is the USGP cross race in Louisville, KY. It is supposed to rain there today and Friday, then be sunny and in the 60's for the weekend. Should make it fun!
I re-geared my cross bike from a standard road 39x53 set up, which the 53 is completely useless in cross, to a 46x39, which may be useful. 53 is way too big of a gear to push on any cx course, but since I ride the bike on training rides in the winter, I wanted to keep a bigger gear on it. But 53 is just too much to be practical, so I got a 46t. I can still race completely in the 39 if the course calls for it, but I have more option now.
So I'm still trying to go to bed early just to give my immune system full recovery. It's 9:15pm, getting close for me...

No comments: