Thursday, October 09, 2008

Oktober Fest


Wed was dreary, damp and grey. I rode the CX on some dirt/gravel roads and got filthy. (shortly after the 1-2mile stretch of gravel here is a big nasty gravel climb) and (notice my orange shift cable housing, pretty trick eh?)

October in Indiana; my last post highlighted the nice sunny day and great weather. Then the photo above made me think I spoke too soon. Then today it's sunny, but was really chilly. Craziness.
I was really cold this a.m. I needed to take gloves w/ me, but didn't. Live/learn (but to remember is key). I have ridden very well the past two days and felt good. This is good because i was afraid having a cold the past week or so had killed my top-end fitness. I think it's still mostly in tact.
Tuesday we rode to Paynetown (more like pain-town) to run the trail. I planned on running the whole 6 again, but didn't feel up to it on the way out, so stuck to the 3mile. I felt like total crap and had no form at all on the hills out there. I was clamouring up them @ ~my lactic/aerobic threshold and recovering to too high an HR. I ended up PR'ing the 3miles by ~1 1/2 min though. I would not have guess that at any point during the run.
So all in all it's been a pretty good week.
CX in Cinci the Sunday!

No comments: