Thursday, August 20, 2009

Little things

I don't know what it is, but one of my simple pleasures is pimping Lindsay's bikes. My camera batteries were all dead, so I had to take of cell pic of the pink brake pads I put on her cross bike. I'm sure colored brake pads will prove rather fruitless, as they'll be black and nasty after one ride, but they look sweet right now.
I was able to get her bike worked on because when I woke this morning (thurs) it was cloudy followed by downpour of rain. Seeing that and having very tired legs was enough for me to call it a FDO (forced day off). Of course, a drop of rain hasn't fallen since, the sun has come out and the roads are pretty well dry. Whatever though, I am still feeling the effects of Sunday's effort.
Looking at the results from Sunday, if we hadn't gotten off course (and assuming I could have held pace) I was on a top 10 pace. That would be a good result for a chump like me. Point is: I rode hard. And it was 90-something.
Then Tuesday was a MMSF TT. I had decided that morning I wasn't going to TT, but I would go out anyway to time the racers and just be present. I ended up riding pretty hard out to the course and even harder home. I was joined by The Flying Welshman on the way back in and we were trading off fast "breakaway style" pulls and eventually I ended up alone. Point: another pretty hard ride.
Then Wednesday I decided 1hr easy. But once I got out I felt pretty good, so I went a little longer and little harder. Not too long and not too hard, just more than planned.
Add to all that the CX course recon Fred and I did Monday (simple fact: you cannot ride cyclocross easy. It's just hard) and that it's the end of August and I am getting tired body syndrome. I think I'm going to take next week mostly off. That will put me into Sept and I'm going to dust off my running shoes cross-over fitness and get ready for CX.
That's kinda-sorta my plan.

1 comment:

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

Sweet! Thanks for putting on my pink brake pads this morning!