Thursday, August 06, 2009

That'll be it

This weekend will be the last road racing I'll do this year. Not that I've ton an exceptional amount this year, but this weekend'll be it. I have a couple of time trials down near Seymour on my calendar still though. Speaking of TT's, Tuesday's TT at the Morgan Monroe Forest was a bust due to threats of foul weather. Though there was epic rain during the day, the evening turned out to be fine (despite the green radar), so I went out and hammered for 1hr to kind of make up for missing the TT. I rode out Hwy446 for 30min and turned around. Of course 30min hit while descending the big hill to the causeway across Lake Monroe, so I had to turn around right at the bottom of the hill and go right back up it. Hard riding, but good for the training, eh?
Wednesday I was planning on leaving work early to get out for the Wednesday Worlds training race, which I can rarely make due to work. I haven't raced road bikes since June, so I thought it'd be good to get some "race effort" in my legs before this weekend. I got hung up at work (of course) and didn't make it. And because I was planning on riding in the evening, I didn't ride in the morning so I didn't get a ride at all.
So Thursday I went out and rode HARD. I rode out to North Shore Dr steady, hammered North Shore, then rode in Hwy45 hard. It was a great ride and I felt really good.
I'll take Friday in an attempt to be fresh for the weekend.
Then next week I'm going to start doing some road riding on my cross bike. I have some road tires on some wheels I can throw on it just to re-familiarize myself w/ the bike (though I've never actually ridden my new cross bike [it's the same geometry, etc. though]). I'll likely do that for a couple weeks, then start doing some actually cross riding for real CX training.
I still have a couple MTB races on the calendar to deal with as well. No rest for the awesome!
And speaking of awesome: check these pics of Zoe and I test riding a customer's bike. He actually wanted these 2' (two feet) riser bars installed on this mountain bike. Plus he has a stem riser on it. We're not here to pass judgement (even though we often do), we're just do as we're asked.
me on the dumbest bike of all time.

Zoe looking cool and ready for the ride of his life

Laters.

2 comments:

Gina said...

So glad you took photos so I could join in the opinion of "dumb"... But dang that's funny!

Corbin said...

Dude, I saw that bike today!!! Crazy! but hey thats what the guy wants and his money spends just as well!