Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm not complaining...

...but there was some serious rain forecasted for today and it never came. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome that it didn't pour all day, but we rescheduled our ride around a 100% wrong forecast.

Here's a cat in a basket for your viewing pleasure.

The IU Cycling Club "A" and "B" riders were planning a training race today that were going to check out test the legs against some "competition." Well after looking at the ominous radar we opted to leave earlier and cut our ride to ~2hrs instead. We did 1hr hard (~threshold power), then shut it down and cruised in. It was a good hard ride and I was very happy to get out, but we could have ridden more, since the rain never came today. Oh well, as I said, I'm not complaining, and getting done earlier allowed me tie to get my road bike cleaned up, which was needed and get the Grifo's peeled off of my cross wheels. I hope to have a new pair that I"ll need to get stretching in the next month or so, so I needed to get the old ones off.
I had a pretty good week training, despite riding inside everyday except today.
And one more good solid week w/ some hard intervals, then next week I'm taking a few days completely off. I'm feeling a little fatigued from hard riding/cabin fever and need some consecutive days off. So that's next week.
Then the following week is more training here, then on 3/12 it's off to TN for some riding in the Smokies. Looking forward to that; let's just hope it's not as rainy of an affair as it was last year. Then it's race time!

No comments: