Sunday, February 14, 2010

No end in sight

Our PC got a virus a couple weeks ago that I thought I had gotten rid of, but it re-attacked the machine this past week and it had to be taken in for repair. In the downtime, I decided to get us a netbook to use when the PC is down and/or to travel with. It turned out to be really handy and I loaded the Powertap and Polar heart monitor software onto it so it can be taken on training trips/races too. Pretty sweet purchase really.
This seemingly eternal winter is dominating my blog posts, conversations, thoughts and life. I can't remember a winter like this since I was a kid. But I wasn't an aspiring chump of a bike racer back then, so it was cool to play in the snow, miss school, etc. Now it is just hampering my lifestyle and pissing me off. And shoveling isn't doing much positive for my trunk muscles either. I have 29 indoor riding sessions in the last 9 weeks (63 days). And they're not ending anytime too soon either, looking at the extended forecast. The average high for February here is 42 and I'm not sure it's even been 40 this whole month. C'est la vie; all I can really do is complain, which I have... a lot.
The Vancouver Olympics has started. The men's short track speed skating finals was an awesome nail biter of a race. USA barely squeaked out medals, but took silver and bronze. Korea looked to have the podium swept, but a bad pass on a Korean by a Korean for second place took them both out putting USA in second and third.
And as of now, US is leading the medal count w/ 4.
Ah well, w/ motivation nearing an all time low, I need to go ride today. It's cold, there's snow on the ground, more snow forecasted to come, but I need to get out.

No comments: