Sunday, May 11, 2008

Better?!?

Well, today is the first day I feel actually better. I feel like I could ride a bike today. I’m not going to, but I think I could. I think 1 more day of rest will put me where I can ride w/out doing more bad than good. Plus it’s in the 40’s, raining and SUPER windy. So yeah, this will be a final rest day.
I feel confident saying that last week was the sickest I’ve been for a very long time; that shit wiped me out. I haven’t forcefully missed a week of training, or three days of work, ever.
My hope is to throw together a ~fairly~ normal training week to gain some sort of from for next weekend’s Tour de West Lafayette stage race. This race is pre-register only, and I am waaay too superstitious to ever pre-register. So I pre-reg’ed for this one and got sick the next day. See how that works??? People always tell me, "yeah, but if you pre-reg they have your number ready for you and stuff." And I say ""yeah but if I pre-reg, I’ll crash the day before and break my collar bone." I shouldn’t be saying that stuff w/ a week till race yet to go, a lot can still happen; damn! Now I’m phsyching myself out. People: knock on wood for me!
I have a fear that week(ish) in bed has weakened me enough to notice. I have had muscle overuse issues in my lower back/upper butt and shoulder that I have had under control for a while. I fear that I’m going to have to go through it over again, the pain part, then the getting them under control part. Maybe it will be a good thing, maybe these problems have had time to heal. I have my worries though.
My rough plan for the week is
Easy 45min-1hr Monday
MMSF TT Tuesday evening for some intensity (~2hr)
1-1.5hr tempo wed
1.5-2hr mid tempo Thurs, maybe w/ Ryan if I’m up to it
45-1hr easy Friday
Saturday is Laf criterium
Sunday is Laf RR and TT.
Wish me luck.
Happy Mother’s day to my Mom especially, but all Mom’s too.

No comments: