Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I wouldn’t say I’m “sick as a dog”

Because a lot of dogs probably feel better than I have lately. It’s Wednesday and I’m only a little better. The biggest problem is I CANNOT sleep. I’m sleeping maybe 4 hr/night the past 3nights. It’s just not working. I tried Tylenol PM last night, it just made me feel crazy, but didn’t knock me out.
I worked all day Monday and skipped riding, but no other employees showed up, so I felt like crap and it was just the owner and I all day; and we were super busy. My throat hurts so bad and I had to talk to people all day.
Tuesday I had a strength-on-the-bike workout planned, and about 4am, I knew that wasn’t going to happen, so I switched my alarm off and stayed in bed until ~9. I had a few tings I had to do at work, so I went in ~10:30, and again, there was only 1 employee there, so I was instantly bombarded w/ customers. I finally got the things I needed to get done ~1 and came home. I laid around the rest of the day, slept for ~2hrs total, ate a little, threw up, etc.
Today I’m skipping work all together. I was hoping I’d be able to ride again tomorrow (thurs), but I just don’t know.
I’m doing a big(ish) race 5/17-18 and going to go into it coming off of this. Urgh!
I was also hoping to gain some (lean) weight via these on-the-bike-strength workouts so I can hold my own going down hill better and gain more overall power, but I’m down to 128lbs right now. Great.
Thanks for the concern of all you I’ve heard from.

No comments: