Sunday, May 04, 2008

A No-Go

I had planned to go to Ohio for the finale of the OVSR (Ohio Valley Spring Series) race today. I had the car packed and everything ready to go. I woke up twice in the night w/ a very sore throat though. I thought to myself ‘this isn’t good.’ I got up on my alarm a little before 6 and got my routine going, but didn’t feel good at all. I was dragging and wasn’t going to make it to Indy on time for my ride over to OH. So I called Josh and told him I was out, didn’t feel good. He said he didn’t feel real good either, so he skipped too. I went back to bed for a couple of hours and called Ryan when I got up to see if he wanted to ride. He wasn’t feeling great either, so we rode ~3hrs, but not hard (note: easy for RS is still pretty good). I felt absolutely terrible the whole ride. My whole body hurt; I was achy all over and had headache. I felt even worse when I got home, so I laid down for about an hour, then got up to take care of the crap I had to take care of today (eat, vacuum, network two computers in our house, get cat food, and I wanted to plant my peppers outside today, but didn’t get around to it [I’ll rest when I’m dead]).
So, hopefully whatever is eating at me is gone as quick as it came. I’ve been hitting the herbal tea, so we’ll see.
I had an okay week training after Tuesday’s brush w/ winter. I’m right under 8 hours, which is a little low, but w/ the way the weather has been, I’m dong what I can make myself.
40k time trail next Sunday. 40 k’s are so hard that if you do it right 1) you will only have ridden for 1 hour and 2) you won’t want to do anything else the rest of the day. So I may be short hours again next week.
We’re planing on riding MTB’s one morning this week too. I need to ride my MTB soon before I race it in a few weeks.

No comments: