Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"PW"

First, I am feeling much better. If I were a normal, couch-potato-joe, I would say I’m 100% better, but I lost the top end (my speed) during a week off (3 of which were spent in bed). So My fitness is good, but I don’t have quite the "punch" I should. It’ll come back though, next week or so…
Hence my title "PW." This is a phrase form Muncie triathlete legend Jimmy Leffler. While everyone talks about their PR (personal record) or PB (personal best), Jimmy would always joke about his getting a PW (personal worst). At the 10mile T last night I PW’d by ~30 seconds. I went 24min even, which while ~okay~ is slower than I have ever gone. I jus didn’t have the top end speed. Plus I was shifting a lot, which tells me I had less because I don’t normally shift much on the course, even with its hills.
I am on schedule this week, actually I rode an easy 45min yesterday morning before riding out to the TT, doing it and riding back, so I’m a little ahead of schedule.
There were more angry motorists out last night than I’ve seen in one session, ever I think. We were honked at, swore at, swerved at, etc. more times going out and coming back last night than I’m used to getting in a month. Motorists are jerks (in general).
I’m feeling like I’m a good go for this weekend. Let’s just hope it stays dry (especially for the Saturday crit, which looks to have, like, 8 corners or something).

No comments: